Two amazing brands have collaborated and customers couldn’t be happier! These new IKEA & Sonos Wi-Fi speakers have been incredibly successful and highly anticipated in the IKEA market and they have just launched in all IKEA stores in Australia so make sure you head to your local IKEA Australia store and get one (or both) for yourself today!
There are two speakers as part of this collection, The SYMFONISK Table Lamp with Wi-Fi Speaker retailing at $269 and the SYMFONISK Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker retailing at $149. Both speakers are available in Black and White and can be integrated into any home or style.
I was lucky enough to be invited to my local IKEA store in Logan, Brisbane to experience these speakers for myself and I was pleasantly surprised with both products. I was also able to select one of the speakers to bring home with me. Keep scrolling to see what speaker I chose.
I’ll tell you a little about each speaker first.
SYMFONISK Table Lamp with Wi-Fi Speaker: $269
IKEA and Sonos have created a great sounding and great looking piece of furniture that blends into the home in a new way, making it easier to furnish with sound.
The SYMFONISK table lamp combines lighting and sound into the one product. Perfect for those who want to de-clutter their home with less devices and cords. The table lamp looks fantastic and the sound quality is even better!
SYMFONISK Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker: $149
With the Wi-Fi bookshelf speaker, customers will get a connected and multi-functional speaker at an affordable price. The bookshelf speaker can be easily blended into the home, whether you decide to tuck it away, or keep on display. The speaker can double as a shelf that takes up to 3kg with the bracket. It can also be attached to almost any kitchen rail by using the SYMFONISK speaker hooks, sold separately or use the speaker as a shelf by mounting it on the wall with SYMFONISK speaker bracket, sold separately.
Both products are compatible with Sonos’ own product range and can be steered through the Sonos app. You can find the app on Google Play Store or Apple Store.
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE RANGE
I chose the SYMFONISK Wi-Fi Bookshelf Speaker: $149 in Black. I didn’t get the bracket to use it as a shelf because they’d sold out! But I was happy to have it sitting nicely on my book shelf.
After unboxing the speaker at home I realised the set up looked a lot easier than what I initially thought, The speaker comes with a power cable, an Ethernet cable and an instruction manual. I connected my speaker to the wall and downloaded the app, which was incredibly easy to use and navigate. I had the Ethernet cable out and ready to use but the app located my speaker and connected it seamlessy, so I did not need to use the Ethernet cable. I then was able to add my already existing Spotify playlist to the app so I still had all of my saved music. Once installed, I played some classic Dolly Parton at full volume! The sound quality really is amazing!
- Both speakers have a rich and vibrant sound that fills the entire room and allows you to create the right atmosphere at home.
- You can stream music, podcasts and radio via WiFi without interruptions from phone calls or notifications. The music keeps playing even when your phone or tablet is not around.
- You can control each speaker individually, so you can play music in one room while the children are listening to an audio book in another one, or connect the speakers together and play the same sound throughout the home.
- If you want stereo sound, you can buy two identical speakers.
- Supports all of the major music streaming subscription services.
- You can also use two identical speakers as rear speakers for a Sonos home theater system.